Monday, August 11, 2008

he sure plays a mean pinball....

so i am being stupid & staying up way past my bedtime reading friends/family blogs when suddenly i feel an old forgotten thump, thump, thump against my lower abdomen. i stop, think about it, realize it isn't gas, and wonder what's going on.

can the beanie baby kick at this point? how far along am i? (i have my suspicions but the question will be medically answered on wednesday) am i growing the cinderella man part 2 in my uterus? what is happening? i even put my hand on my stomach trying to feel it from the outside but no such luck. but that little schnookums has continually been rat-a-tat-tatting during this whole post.

hmmm, maybe he likes this blogging thing. just like his dad...sarcasm. (i am saying 'he' because i am secretly...also known as "not secretly"... hoping it's another male. and to my unborn daughter, if you turn out to be a girl, my apologies. it doesn't mean i love you any less. just the idea of brothers is fun to me. also thinking there might be a slight possibility that this child will outweigh caleb at about 1 yr. old, i think it would be less humiliating to him if he is outweighed by another fella than by a little princess.)

okay i didn't want this to become a "pregnancy blog" either. but really i thought i remember feeling caleb kick around 4 mos. does this little one even have arms/legs yet? am i just feeling him bounce around in all the extra fluid, like he's the ball in a pinball machine?

food for thought at almost 2 a.m.

16 comments:

Rachel H. said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having!! Then you can officially name that little pinball!

SusieQ said...

You are so funny! Love your blogging skillz, sista!

S & RA Beazer said...

I girl would be okay if she is as beautiful as her mother. (I know Bensy would agree)
PS you really should staay up so late. The pinging from the utero world was just morse code for "Mom ,I love you but get some rest."

Mike and Jenny said...

I felt my other kids so much sooner than my first. You are probably right on with feeling him/her. Hope you feel better soon. I will send boys thoughts your way. It is great for them to have a little playmate :) Don't worry about wishing for a boy. I wish for a girl and got three boys. You will love that baby no matter what :)

cortney and neil said...

I also tried to block out the last horrid experience three years ago, and have forgotten how dang tired you get. It is now 3:11 my kids have not been bathed, dressed, or entertained, and I am still laying on my couch in my p.j.'s searching on the internet because I am to tired to get up. I am becoming ridiculous.

Andrea said...

Maybe it's a mutant like Nessie in breaking Dawn...Bella could feel that monster kick at 3 weeks!! hahah...we are excited for your Dr. Appointment so that the mystery will be over!

Toby and Tammy said...

Sure hope you're feeling better! I can't wait to find out what you're having. I remember feeling Dallas kick for the first time, I couldn't figure out if it was him or gas or something else. Can't wait to see that pregnant belly...when you start to show that is!

The Hale Family said...

Okay, I really don't think you are crazy. It took forever to feel Kennedy move, but I swear I could feel Ellis the minute I found out I was pregnant! I am so excited for you and I LOVE reading your blog. It's hilarious.

Tui Family said...

My Ines!
How exciting! I definately felt #2 MUCH sooner...around 12 or 13 weeks I think! So...what's the official word? You know how far along you are yet? And when do I get to see your beautiful smiling face???

Lyndsie said...

you are hilarious! i'm glad your blog isn't private anymore...i couldn't remember what your new blog address was..so i've missed keeping up on the straders! congrats on expecting again! that's so fun, even though it really is crappy feeling like crap for so long...but it's all worth it in the end!! :)

Joel and Carrie said...

you are hilarious. it's probably just gas. j/k. i think the second time around you know what to expect so you know what's really happening. that's cool we are expecting together.

campblondie said...

How fun! I love that feeling. Being kicked in the bladder as I am repeatedly at this point.....not so fun.

The Pyne's said...

I've heard you can feel the second one earlier than your first! I didn't feel eric till I was like 21 weeks, but I may have a super "thick" uterus! (gross/weird I know). So are you in AZ yet? and how did the doctors appointment go on wed? Let us all know!!!! Yay yay yay, I'm so excited for you guys!

Wheat Family said...

I am feeling little bumps too! It was the strangest feeling and I wondered what it was. You mom's are pro and know all about this stuff. Have a great day and can't wait to know what your having.

The Hunter's said...

Dr. Ben, you need to email me.
collinmhunter@hotmail.com Congrats on the upcoming baby!

Dana Broderick said...

how exciting! i'm sure he/she loves blogging already...who doesn't?