Thursday, November 19, 2009

one for the skeptics....

i am in utah for a couple of days to attend a family wedding but just before i left i was notified that i won an amazing contest put on by usedcameras.com!! one of my friends had tweeted about it and i entered and won a $2500 gift certificate to use at their online store! i seriously thought it was a scam because i NEVER win contests like this.

but it's legit and i'm so so so so grateful!

read about it here.

anyway, this just goes to show that even if you think you don't have a shot, enter contests and who knows? next time it just might be YOU!

THANK YOU USEDCAMERAS.COM!

follow them on twitter
or
become a facebook fan

p.s.-they are an awesome website...you can sell your used cameras, or purchase used (but in fabulous condition) cameras from their website. check them out!

p.s.s. i have to send a shout out to mr. mckinney for being the one who made it all possible. if you hadn't tweeted, i wouldn't have entered. so thank you too! :)


3 comments:

The Johnson's said...

That is awesome. I am in the same boat as you I never win anything, so I never do those things at all. Maybe now I will.

Mindy and Garry said...

how lucky are you!!! that's awesome...but I don't believe you never win anything because I remember you telling me about your little "trick" to winning drawings. :)

lynsey said...

mindy, well i guess you're right. i was good at winning drawings...i just didn't consider winning a snickers bar at the same caliber as all of the weekend getaways, new cars, blog giveaways, and disneyland trips! but it's true, if it comes to drawing a slip of paper for a candy bar, i have tricks up my sleeve! ;)