Friday, June 11, 2010

on becoming proactiv.

i wasn't going to do this.  i didn't want to, really.  



i'm not her:

























or her:

 



or her:

 

or her:



but,

i am me.



















{i know what you're thinking and you're absolutely right!  those ladies don't hold a candle to my beauty.}


and i'm not sure if i ever struggled with "adult acne" per se, but speaking quite honestly here...i can't remember a day when i didn't have at least one pimple.  and speaking even more honestly, i usually would have about 3-5 pimples on my face at any given time.  sometimes more, sometimes less.

for the past 8 years, poor ben has endured many of my rants, vents and more often than not--whines regarding this problem.

they often sounded something like this,
{enter whiny voice here. if you need an impression, call ben.  he will be happy to oblige.  his phone number is:  920-378-likeiwouldputhisnumberonthisblog}

"oohhhhhhhhhhh, life is sooooooooo unnnnnfaaaaairrrrrrrr.  wwwwwhhhhhhheeeennnn am  i not going to have any zzzzzzziiiiiiittttttssssssss?"
 
about 3 years ago, when ben was only 5 years into the 8 years of my whining, he said that women at his {then} workplace all swore by proactiv.  but being the stubborn fool that i was, i thought that my situation wasn't "extreme" enough to need proactive.  

cut to 3 years later, i'm online signing up for my new proactiv account.  i was skeptical, but was willing to give it a try.  i wanted to use it for at least a full month, to make sure i was using it through that lovely week.....where hormones....are more present....than the other 3 weeks of the month.

and what did i think?  

well here i am 6 weeks later, and just ordered my second set.  {i actually only wash my face with it once a day, so it lasted longer than the normal.}

and i LOVE it.  i go to swim lessons with the kids, i've gone to the store, and out & about completely make-up free.  and completely pimple free. 

am i getting anything from writing this?

{ummmm, did i mention that i'm not any of those above girls?}  

no i'm not.  no compensation, no referral discounts.  nothing.  i just wanted to share it with any of you out there who have struggled with the same thing that i have.  occasional pimples, occasional break-outs.  nothing extreme, but enough to be completely annoying.  

sometimes i just need someone i know personally to tell me that a product works in order for me to take the plunge, so that's what i'm doing. 

and as a side note:  yes i have had to tell ben {repeatedly} that he was right, and i should have listened sooner.  and quite honestly i'm more than happy to do it to make up for all of the unnecessary whining. 

so to have it in writing....  



dear ben, my darling husband, 

you were right.  i was wrong.  and i should have listened sooner.  and i will listen better the next time you suggest something.  {unless it's about how to do my hair, or decorate our apartment, or dress our children.  because come on, let's be rational.}

love, your clear-skinned-whine-free {about this anyway :)} wife




***p.s. just in case you're worried about trying it & then having to commit to it being sent to you every month, i bought mine first off of amazon.com, from an individual one-time seller.  it didn't have all of the amazing perks that come from ordering straight from the website {a travel-size kit or an extra moisturizer}, and would recommend doing it that way for first-time users. 

1 comment:

ClancyPants said...

Guess what? The mall here in good ole IF has a ProActiv VENDING machine!!! Isn't that weird? It's just weird. Weird, weird, weird. Everytime I walk past it I think, "weird". But I also want to buy some. And I think I will. I've used Proactiv before. It's been many years, but I liked it and I think I want to give it a try again. Thanks for the reminder. :)