Wednesday, June 16, 2010

on the edge

we have been busy lately.

well, that's not entirely true.

it's funny though, with the days that are completely interrupted in the middle by swim lessons, then baths, lunch, nap/quiet times, while i try to get myself ready for the day {at 2pm} and somewhere fit my exercise in all of it, it has felt busier than normal.

i have a lot rumbling around in this brain of mine and just want to write write write it all out.  but i won't, yet.  i have to wait until i'm really ready, or it all comes out mixed up and confusing. 

i feel like if there were ever an award for a random blog handed out, i might just win.  sometimes i feel like i'm all over the place.  yes, this is where i write about my children, and my husband.  our daily life and what we are up to.

but that's not all there is to me.  there is depth that goes beyond what's cooking {or most likely not cooking} for dinner, and laundry and looking for a new place to put down roots and checking the grammar on my husband's 15 page papers. there is curiosity, and joy and sadness and wondering and opinions and insight.

some of it is extremely personal and i'm not sure how much i will share or how open i will be, but i feel like it's coming.  i feel like i've got to get it out.  and see if there's anyone else who agrees, disagrees or can relate to any of it.

and if not, that's okay too.  though i think the hope through blogging is that we put a piece of ourselves out to others with a desire for more connections sometimes.  but if that's not there at the end of it all, i will still write.  because it's good for me and i love it.

so while i'm sitting here on the edge of almost,

here are some fun bath time pictures to enjoy.  my two fair-skinned kids have become brown babies all within a couple of weeks.  

i seriously adore these two.

4 comments:

kitty said...

Well I certainly can't wait for whatever it is that you have coming! I think if anyone could sift around in MY thoughts for an hour or two they would come out saying I was as RIDICULOUS as my husband proclaims I am!

I look forward to the randomness you speak of. I love it!

Nice bath time mohawk! :)

Me said...

Yeah I just wanted to say I look forward to your random writings! :)

Rachel Chick said...

I know exactly how you feel. My blog is equally important to me. Not exactly sure why, but it's a much needed outlet. I think when I'm not blogging regularly (and from the heart) I get . . . edgy. Like emotional heartburn or something. Weird. I feel that way lately, because we've been so busy. I'm excited to hear what you have to say . . . and hopefully get a little of my own blogging done in the next few days.

also, I love those pics of your kiddos. they are adorable and I love them. Nels walked in while I was reading your blog the other day and said, "Man, they make cute kids, don't they?" Absolutely couldn't agree more. I wish I could come hang out with you today.

Rachel Holloway said...

Hoping also that you post what you feel--because seriously the chances are, most of us will relate in some way. Just know that so many people look up to you for so many reasons--and would never think less if you let it all out.