"Cancer and Leo? Forget it. That means NO. Sometimes things work between you two, sometimes they don't. However, one way or another, good moments tend to turn into bad moments eventually."
yikes! we had a good time laughing at how the odds are stacked up against us. after what feels like 6 really great years, according to this we are up for some rough times. because we all know how 100% fool-proof the zodiac is, we then read each other's signs and made some goals for me to not be boring & emotional & ben to not be pompous & arrogant. then maybe...just maybe...we will make it. hope you can sense the sarcasm here.
on another note, last night we got to go on our first date in over a year and a half. thanks again mom! we went out to dinner, i tried sushi for the first time (see? i'm not boring!) and we compiled a list of things we have learned about marriage.
in 6 years, bensey has learned:
- never walk in front of your husband up the stairs.
- always trust him if he says (in a really nice way) "that sweater makes you look frumpy."
- never utter the words, "our kid will never do that."
- don't underestimate the power of a date night.
- if your classes consist of kayacking, backpacking & running, you're probably not going to make a lot of money.
- never turn down a free basement.
- don't stay too long, just because it's a free basement.
- never sign a year contract.
- you can do anything together for a year, but it may not be easy.
- a "group home" is really a group you don't want to belong to.
- hold on to quality moving boxes.
- the way to a man's heart involves cheese & fresh tortillas.
- don't complain about your wife vomiting on you when she is in labor.
- even if it's 1 time out of 20, be grateful for that one time he puts his pants back in his drawer, because it means he is trying.
- family home evenings can be the funnest night of the week.
- always use the provided bathroom spray.
- reading books together can be lot of fun.
- you can't sleep on the floor of a hospital, it's a fire hazard.
- doctors don't always know everything.
- pay attention to where your wife is hanging pictures. there may be a pop quiz later.
- you don't have to wait for your boxes to be unpacked before your house is fully decorated.
- it's expensive to travel on december 27th.
- if you buy a car for $500, it's because it's worth $500.
- listen to your wife when she says "don't buy a $500 car."
- guys game nights & girls night outs are healthy for a marriage.
- quickly disagree when she says she thinks stretch marks are just around the corner.
- don't air your dirty laundry.
- you don't need money to be happy.
- a well-heated & highly-chlorinated hot tub can warm you to the depths of your soul.
- a poorly-heated & low-chlorinated hot tub can sprout a fun case of folliculitis.
- be each other's best friend.
- make a goal to pray together every day.
- don't read zodiac compatibility websites. because what do they know, anyway???