Wednesday, November 5, 2008

getting crafty

since lately ben has been showing me up in the creativity department, i thought i would post a little something that i have been working on for about a week and just finished. it's called: cheap art. (well, inexpensive at least)



it is a 14x18 canvas painting. it has flaws, yes, but it's my first attempt and i have to say i love the way it turned out! it will go fantastically in our black & white bedroom. if anyone wants the how-to's on this, i'll be happy to share, it was a combined creative effort between ben & i. it's a lot easier than it looks. and you can use any pattern you want to, i just loved this one.


close up of the hand-painted (by moi) vintage pattern.


coming soon: some really cool shelves made out of some old vinyl-lettered signs. woot.

16 comments:

Dana Broderick said...

wow! you are crafty! I love it!

Doug and Tiff said...

i love it! i decorate alot in black and white. so i would love to know how to make it!!

Mick and Tiff said...

Count me on the list of "How to make fantastic canvas art!!" I love it!

Kanien said...

I love it, can you tell me how you did it? It seriously looks amazing!!Great Job!

Tui Family said...

What??? I never knew there was an artist that lurked inside of you! It looks great! Love it. Will you decorate my place next???

Lauren Horsley said...

Wait - so did you paint that free hand? Like you and a paintbrush just hit the canvas and out comes flowers and leaves and scrolly stuff? Cuz that is seriously impressive! I think I shall be commissioning your talents soon for my own bare-walled bedroom!

PS - I think I speak for all of us when I say that you're gonna need to post a DIY tutorial on this lovely piece - I'm dying to know how you put it together.

Jenny said...

That looks to hard for me, but you did a great job. Maybe someday Ill hire you to decorate my boring bedroom.

David and Haylee Skaggs said...

I would LOVE to know how you did that!! It looks AMAZING! Good work!

SusieQ said...

Flaws? What flaws? It looks great, Lyns!

Joel and Carrie said...

Seriously? Oh my gosh. You should start selling those puppies and make a killing!

Becky Slivka said...

I am way impressed by you creativity!! One day I might graduate to that, but we'll see how ambitious I get. I LOVE Caleb's Halloween costume, and yours and Ben's. I'm thinking when we get serious about remodeling our room we're thinking black and white.

campblondie said...

Stunning, just stunning! I better get my paintbrush out and head to your place for some art lessons.

Francis and Fawn Becker said...

So cute! I love black & white stuff.

Rachel Chick said...

That looks great, Lyns! I'd love instructions!

Valerie said...

Hey! I heard you found my blog, so I wanted to say "hi"!

Hannah said...

I would really like to know how you made this! When I firsts aw it I thought it was fabric!