Saturday, October 25, 2008

for carmella...


we went to a halloween party on friday and decided to get in the spirit as john mccain & sarah palin. our friends the beckers, that were throwing the party are big obama fans so we thought we should bristle some feathers! (luckily we weren't thrown out)

we went to savers & i bought a very tacky jacket & skirt. the jacket was too big up top but had to be big enough for the belly so i looked a little awkward but you get the point. the more pictures i saw of myself the more unflattering i realized that jacket was.

or maybe it's just my face that's unflattering. this is me with a gun shooting caleb's stuffed baby moose in true palin style.


ben mastered the awkward mccain smile. and completed the look with an old man walking stick. sorry the picture is messed up again, i don't know what happened.

we made buttons that said:
  • 72 is the new 30
  • hunt or be hunted
  • baby #6? with an arrow pointing to my stomach
  • i *heart* alaska
  • former beauty queen
we had a great time and are excited that we got to know some more phoenix peeps. thanks for the great party!


and p.s.... becoming a brunette? i think i kinda like it. hmmmm.....

8 comments:

S and RA Beazer said...

You two are have certainly come a long way. I remember when you were nothing more than "white trash".

The Pyne's said...

oh lynsey, you guys are HILLARIOUS. I even showed the picture to lance and asked him who you guys were dressed up as and he totally guess it....on the first guess too! very clever. and as for calebs MRI, I am so sorry, we had to go through one of those with conner when he was 6 weeks old and it is sooo sad! please keep us updated on the what they tell you. Hope everything is going good and I'm glad you are meeting new people, you guys are great people so everyone just flocks to you!! and as for the sleeping on the stomach, I was SUCH a stomach sleeper until I got pregnant and then I got used to the sides and back! Isn't it interesting...well good luck!


ps when I pulled up your blog, conner was in the room and saw caleb's picture at the top and says "look, there's my friend caleb. He's wearing goggles. Mom can he come over and play?" oh, I so wanted to cry! anyways, we miss you guys and hope to see you again one day. Hey, would you guys by chance be coming up for thanksgiving, because we will of course still be here!

Shellee said...

Awesome. Soon you'll be replacing Tina Fey.

Amanda said...

wow. that's hilarious! good thing you don't live in california... you both look so authentic you might get attacked by an angry mob. :)

Tui Family said...

LOVE IT! So cute! You guys are so original...I was Halloween shopping today...I'm just not that creative! lol

Mike and Jenny said...

You guys look awesome!!!

Preston said...

LOVE it!!! You should totally become a brunette...then you could be Dora for real!

Lauren Horsley said...

No words - seriously, no words to describe how hilarious this is! Kudos on some impressive budget costuming. Next year I want to see Bill and Hill.