Wednesday, October 1, 2008

things i love about caleb...


caleb is just a fantastic little 3-yr old who has a tendency to say some pretty hilarious things. here are some from the past week:

(on spiritual matters)
mom: how was nursery today?
c: good.
mom: did you talk about jesus?
c: yes, but it was too boring.
mom: why was it boring?
c: because jesus didn't talk to me.

(on going to sleep)
c: momma, i caaaaannnn't sleeeeeep.
mom: well all you have to do is close your eyes and think about good things.
c: NO! i can't close my EYES! then i can't SEE anything!

(on helping his mom lose weight)
c: momma, can i help you?
(starts smacking my rear end with a measuring cup)
mom: what are you helping me with?
c: i'm trying to make your bum smaller!

(on potty training)
mom: hey caleb, i think it's time for you to go potty on the toilet like a big boy.
c: NO!
mom: do you want to be a little baby, or a big boy?
c: i'm a big boy, but i'm NOT going potty on the toilet!
mom: well, how are you going to be a big boy then? only babies wear diapers.
c: i'm going to change my OWN diaper. that's what big boys do.

and my #1 thing that caleb has been saying to me for months now. every morning, when either i wake him up, or he wakes me up, he says:

"it's time to wake up momma. it's a beautiful, sunny day!"

i don't know where this kid learned that phrase, but he very obviously is a morning person like his dad. and i love it. he puts me in a good mood right from the start. i love being his mom.

12 comments:

Rachel H. said...

That was so sweet...

Thanks for sharing...I love hearing these special praises of a sweet little guy!

Kristen said...

Can I get one of those?! Caleb is so cute! Thanks for sharing some of his sweet words--he is a smart kid! Church is boring when Jesus doesn't talk to us! One day I hope to meet that little guy!

Brooke said...

Where did that kid come from? He is so CUTE!! And I'm not just saying that - like I do about other friends kids - he is about the cutest little guy I have ever seen. How do you not melt when you look into those eyes? Holy CUTENESS!!!

Emily said...

Will you send Caleb over here when you are done? I need some help losing weight too. Sam wakes me up the same way. I love this, although sometimes it is way to early for me.

Rachel Chick said...

LOL! What a darling boy!!! I got a good laugh out of your previous post! Hopefully no gonorrhea of the mouth shows up from laying on the floor! :) I was wondering if you could email me you address - I have a couple of things that I wanted to send to you.

Mike and Jenny said...

Super cute, super funny. He sounds like such a cutie and looks like one too.

Francis and Fawn Becker said...

How cute! The things kids say are so funny. I hope you are feeling better this week :)

Tui Family said...

Oh so cute! I love hearing how much he's growing up! I am constantly blown away with what comes out of these kiddies! Thanks for sharing! I almost feel like I get to see him once in a while!

Lauren Horsley said...

As I was reading his quotes I could hear every single one of them in his own cute little voice! Miss that boy!

Elena & Danny said...

hey! got your email/comment. i need to get your email address though. i went to reply and it was just a "no-comment" reply email address from the blog site.

oh, and congrats on the pregnancy!!

Wheat Family said...

those are some great conversations. they put a smile on my face! You are a lucky mom to have such a great kid and he is lucky to have you!

robin said...

Things I love about Caleb. . .Everything!
xoxoxoxo